The SICL Conference is the traditional national scientific meeting held every two years . Most of the contributions are related to nanoscience and nanotechnology aspects of liquid crystals. The main scope is to gather Italian researchers on liquid crystals, to foster new ideas and collaborations and to give especially young researcher the opportunity to present their scientific results.
• Molecular design, synthesis, new materials and phases
• Structures, ordering, and defects
• Simulations and dynamic properties
• Photonic and optoelectronic applications
• Surfaces and confined systems
• Displays (electronics and technologies)
• Colloids, nanostructured systems and self-assembly
• Polymeric and elastomeric liquid crystals
• Biological and lyotropic systems
Most of the presentations will be delivered by young researchers, Ph.D. students and young Post-Docs from different Italian universities and research institutions.